Saturday, June 16, 2012

Emilia's New Dress


Little Emilia... ahhh... she is just too cute and she loves and I mean loves clothes. She loves to pick them out. She loves things that sparkle. She ooooooohhhs and aaaaaaaaaahhhs when she is loving something. I have been looking and collecting blogs for tutorials and various patterns for this little one long before she became a part of our family, yet I have (or should say had) never sewn anything really especially clothing. When I saw this tutorial for the Snappy Toddler Dress at PrudentBaby I knew instantly it was a must try. So simple. So cute. Emilia and I went through a pile of girlie fabric I have been collecting. She loves birds and picked this print as her favorite of the moment.

She is petite for 15 months so I made the pattern at 12-18 months, lengthened the bird print by 3 inches and the lining by 5 inches.  The lining is muslin. I added heavy fusible web to the back of the print, then fussy cut out flowers and birdies to adhere on the front and back collar, as well as the hem.  She is a little broader on top. It fits her perfect at the moment... we're in the beginning states of dress #2 in the 2T sizing... strawberries also selected by her!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you started this blog hun. It makes it easy to follow you and your amazing family through life and gives me the feeling to be a part of it, even if we're that much away.

    Love you!
    Kathrin

    ReplyDelete